Thursday, August 21

Biggest Fashion Week Trend: A T-Shirt?

Will everyone at fashion week be wearing plain black t-shirts? According to WWD, in order to raise awareness of the disappearing Garment Center, Anna Sui has teamed up with several designers to create the “Save The Garment Center” T-Shirt to “galvanize members of the Council of Fashion Designers of America to find a way to preserve the Garment Center”. The back of the tee has e-mail addresses of important New York City officials.
Since many landlords are redeveloping their buildings into luxury lofts and hotels where they can jack up the rent, many factories are forced to leave since rent can no longer be affordable.

4 comments:

Marian said...

I bet we will be seeing a lot these Tees!
x
Marian

CULTURE CREATORS said...

I want one. Do you know where I can purchase it?

The Stylish Wanderer said...

I hope not. Its not that great looking. I think they should of done something more attractive, but I guess thats the point

Unknown said...

I'm not sure where you can get one...if you'd like to help go to savethegarmentcenter.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails